Wicca Official Worldwide Community of Pagans Wiccans & Neopagans

Wicca Wiccans Pagans and Free Souls.. live different.. be Neopagan!

Hello,
A Muslim man, in San Petersburg ( Russia ), killed a daughter just cause she was wearing a miniskirt, which is probably seen as scandalous for the Koranic law, he actually hired three other Muslims to murder the young girl!
Unfortunately this is not an isolated case but one of the many cases of intolerance and madness against women ( and more... ) from Muslim believers.
This didn't happen in the middle of somewhere like an Arabic village but in one of the most important city of Russia...
Certainly it's not the first time that we heard about similar atrocities and I personally frankly got enough...
I always had hard time in believing that this kind of acts are belonging to a genuine doctrine of the Koran or an interpretation of it...
I know that in the world there are "good" Muslims, but today there are too many horrifying and unacceptable acts made by them in the name of this religion, that I start almost to believe that the vast majority of them share a real brutal belief... I would like to know your opinion at this regard and overall if you think that it would be nice if President Obama, who strives for a "reconciliation" of USA with the Islamic World, will ask the most influential spiritual leaders of Islam to clarify once and for all if the religion of Mohammed is really a violent intolerant credo as it seems unfortunately often... and if these kinds of acts, which are really extreme and foolish, made always in the name of Allah, are legitimated or not by the Koran and by the contemporary spiritual leaders!!... So that finally we will be more aware of the real nature of Islam, because without a CLEAR explanation, a black shadow will be always surrounding them and their religion...

Views: 464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought on your question about foundamentalism within Islam and as Im no expert on the subject by any means I asked one of the patients I have - he is HIAY so I share his answer with you.  He said that it is stated in one of the Prophits sermins that the enemy will come from within that will bring the downfall of the people.  As Ive stated Im no expert and living here drives me crazy with its laws that make no sence and intollerant attitudes towards most things that are not Mislem or "Islam" but his answer did make sence.  If the fundimentalism continues respect and tollerance will suffer and lack of trust will fester which will cause strife and suffering which I think is being seen all over the North African and Islamic world already with the riots and wars.

Intolerance and blind faith are always enemies of truth and truth is the home of the free spirits. There is no place today for fake prophets or so called revealed truths that are made by intolerance, arrogance, violence, blind dogmas...wether they are from Islam or other religions..etc...etc...

personally, i believe that All religious organizations harbor their zelots.  it is within their power to publically condem those zelots but sadly most do not.  of course the outrageous actions of so many of these zelots are what continues to keep them in the spotlight.  what i often ask myself is, why do the non-violent sects not publically decry the actions of a few?  the muslim community, suffers the abuse by the rest of the world, yet doesn't get near as much press if they condem the zelots.

the same can be said for the westbro church, self described "christians"  .  nothing christian about them.  yet i don't hear the vatican or the ecumenical councils of any of the other christian sects decrying the actions of these zelots. 

so i blame the non violent branches for not publically confronting their murderous, vicious members and finding a way to reign them in. or at least making public their anger at the few who really give others a bad name. 

I agree, this is why I think, as I said many many times, that a planetary summit of 'revision' of the so called revealed religion is more than needed, is a must. So that hopefully all the seeds of foundamentalism, intolerance, integralism, blind obtuse faith and spiritual arrogance will be removed at once from the doctrinal corpum of this religions.

Is time for people to finally realize that religions are just merely vehicles for our body and soul to reach higher level of spirituality, they are not revealed truth. Their value is then relative and do not possess in any way an universal value or, as for the case of Judaism as an example, the status of the 'only real religion' for elected people and other kind of similar absurde claims. Similarly, as another example, the claim of Islam of being a revealed truth coming immaculate from prophet Mohammed talking with Arcangel Gabriel is just dangerous. Then, the followed natural-innatural manipulation re-interpretation of Mohammed message, created all the premises for the errors and sorrow that are today contaminating our world with Islamic fundamentalism, holy wars, terrorism and other bullshit. Idem happened with the Catholic church of Rome at a more subtle level...

As we can easily see, so called 'revealed religions' are an excellent tools for unscrupulous, ignorant spiritual teachers, arrogant ayathollas and greedy politicians, to gain control of the masses, retaining power and lucrate on them!...etc...etc..

What about all these prophets then, getting revealed messages from Angelic sources?...this is just propaganda for ignorants at the level of fairy tales. I believe that also the masses have a big share of responsibility in keep accepting this absurdities in their life.

Real spiritual life instead belongs to the kingdom of real spiritual ancient traditions, and are never intolerant or violent...etc.. ancient Rome was a splendid example of this tolerance.

Nothing is perfect in this material world, but our duty is to lessen up the level of imperfection.

Ive been living here and I tell you that alot of it is Drummed into the psyche.  the routine is established from the day of birth and hammered in every day of the childs life.  Thinking for the self is non existant and everything is "Haram" or forbidden so the free thinkers are few and ostrasized and all that is quoted by the Metowas is the law.  Its dishartening but to break the cycle is going to be impossible as woman dont have a voice and live in fear and subservance to theeir men.  They lack the ability to stand up and think "out of the box" so to speak - they really are stuck in the 1400s
Horrifying....
No religion/culture whatever should oppress women, sexual orientation, free thinkers, or artists. A society that goes down that road goes down a very dark path and it always ends bad.
I think it already has happened in Christianity, was more forceful about 300 AC and grew and grew, wars were fought and won, Missions were established world wide... I see a much more diluted Christianity now, although there is a small but strong fundamentalist element.  But in terms of oppression it still exists rather well in Christianity.  I just see it as weakening not growing, which is what I thought you meant, Donovan.  And because if the weakening, I think that the element that is so fundamentalist is scared and that fear is driving more severe actions, like the crazy man in Norway and other incidents.  I think this is a sign of their desperation.

Since I keep hearing about being 'maybe' personally oriented against Islam or similar, I like to say, as I said already many times, ('Repetita iuvant' as for the old Roman Latin motto) that fundamentalism is just bad, from any source, whether Islam, Christianism or...Paganism...or others!

So that I like to be clear that this blog or this site is NOT AT ALL, at least for my personal vision, direction and perspective, an anti Muslim or Christian site etc... I'm just against fanatism, fundamentalism, brutality, blind credo-dogmas in general etc... And also against all the companions of all these elements of blind ignorance that are usually at the service of tyrants or tyrannic powers that are using them only to gain power and to control the submissive people-masses of this planet.

I hope to be clear to all and to be believed on my sacred words.

Maby humans in general should go back and reread the "holy Books" without any preconceved ideas or emotional entanglements.  I was watching the court case on CNN of the Egytpian Presedent the otherday and could not help remembering some of the times he was lauded as a hero in the past.  One woman was even in the crowd shouting for his life and blood.  What happened to Islam (and others) being a "peaceful religion" and a forgiving faith.  I guess its a thing of interpretation and believing the parts of the "bible" what you want to and ignoring the rest.  Typical human behaviour Id say.

tbh, i really can't understand why anyone would do such a thing! i don't like obama, but i sympathize with him because he's trying his best and people keep slamming him. and i do think it would be good for him to ask the spiritual leaders to do that, but he'll have to tread carefully, even if the religion is supposed to preach tolerance, some ppl are naturally close-minded and might not like what he says if he doesn't phrase it right
The problem is that people forget that even though he is the president  he cant act alone.  Any decision that is made has to get through the channels and get majorty agreement before anything is signed.  If you have a lousy cabinet that gives bad advice and cant see the trees for the meadow then the decisions that he signs will be bad ones - and sign them he will have to.  The ANC at home kicked the last president (Tabo Mbeki) out of his seat at the presidents office a year before elections for not agreeing with them and we got something worse in his place.  I do agree with one thing though - its time the USA looked after itself and brought their men and women home.  The USA is not liked here though the money is eagerly snatched up and its about time they stand on their own clan/barbaric feet and shed their own countries blood instead of getting billions of dollars aid that is going nowhere fast.  Stron words but if you read the comments in the newspaper here it dishartening that the guys and girls that are giving so much are being slandered instead of supported.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Founder.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service