Wicca Official Worldwide Community of Pagans Wiccans & Neopagans

Wicca Wiccans Pagans and Free Souls.. live different.. be Neopagan!

I would like to hear your veiws on 2012,Blessed Be.

Views: 24

Replies to This Discussion

i think it will be a fun year, in which alot might happen i hope, but then again i'm dreading it, but of course everyone(or most everyone) was running around with their heads cut off like a chicken a couple of years ago(remeber june 6, 2006), i think it might be like that in 2012
I myself can not and will not say for certain what will occur Dec. 21, 2012. What I believe is that the statement made by the Myan calendar, that life as we know it will come to an end, means exactly that, life as we know it now.
Modern society tends to place a literal translation on things that may have been meant to be translated metaphorically. We really have no way of knowing the author's intent, but we assume they meant it to be translated literally.
Seeing as how I am not the author of the calendar and I have no way to talk directly with it's author, I can not say without a doubt how it was meant to be interpreted. One thing for me that calls literal translation into question is the fact that many historical writings were done so in metaphorical terms.
The statement life as we know it will come to an end could have many meanings.
A change in world government
A change in the geography of the planet
A change in society
A change to a higher place of being
....well you get the idea, the list could go on and on.
Personally I am not that worried about it, it is still 4 years away and there is plenty to deal with in the here and now. If we worry too much about what the future holds, we may miss many things and opportunities that are around us everyday. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it's wrong to worry about it and discuss it, but I just don't let it control my day to day life. I do think about it, I just try not to dwell on it.
Damn, my last reply must of got sucked into some blackhole! I hit add reply and that's when the network went down. Now I can't remember what I wrote! Oh well, maybe I'll remember later.
Another website that i have found interesting www.december212012.com. Has a lot of information on this subject.
ok ive spent way more time than id like to admit reading up on this. and there was a vid i found and now cant find it that was talking about in the myan calander they predicted that our suns orbit in the milky way will be at its closest to the center of it meaning everything orbiting the sun too. with that the center of of the galexys are super huge, haveing enuff gravity to pull in every thing but your thinner wave lengths of light uv-a uv-b uv-c ect. as we get closer we not only will gravitational fealds be different but we will get a lot more cosmic radiation, earth isnt the only planet in our solar syatem the be suffering global warming

but then there is this planet that ive been reading about, that is way past neptun, ive gotten two different orbit leangths on 1 is 3 million years another is 3600 now im trying not to feed in to things i dont fully know a lot about but old scriptur in the old testiment talks about the destroyer, in jeramya i think, the summarians talk about a planet with a 3600 year orbit were our creators live, and then the myans, and then us we know its out there its about the size of jupiter i just cant find and clear concreat info to be full shur.

Dez Nutz
It could be fun right? Or hell right? I bet we all figure it out in three or four years! Perhaps the years leading up to it, like these, are the ones to set the stage for 12-21-12. We are getting used to some pretty strange stuff (new, and larger storms, other peculiar and violent natural phenomenon) it may be just another day full of that? I am anxious to find out, but I can stick with trying to survive day to day for now. Best of luck to all, when it gets here, and up to it!

P.S. The whole Saturn, Uranus, opposition, is a pretty interesting aspect leading up to that, as well as the eclipse of gallactic center. WOOT!!!! Astrographical fun!!!
not to get of subject, but i noticed something just now, 2012 is also a "golden year" if ya think about it...12-12-12....kinda ironic isn't it?
And this is kinda dumb too.. but if it's supposed to happen on December 21st.. then it would be 12-21-12.. like a mirror image almost.. kind of a balance of opposites?? 12=21.. hmmm..just a weird thought..??
That might be a little on the numerological side of things, but yea ones and twos... seems like there is something there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Founder.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service