Wicca Official Worldwide Community of Pagans Wiccans & Neopagans

Wicca Wiccans Pagans and Free Souls.. live different.. be Neopagan!

Luca, Cerin, and Stormwind stepped through a door of space back into Silverymoon where Danforth was waiting for them. He was old, but still of solid build and ruggedly handsome with silvering sandy hair, brown eyes that looked more like smoky quartz, and a light brown beard that was well-groomed. …For a ranger, anyway. "What kept you, Onyx?" he asked, with age adding a slight rasp to his usually smooth cello baritone. Luca chuckled with a meek, gentle smile and a glint in his silvered sapphire eyes. "Well, time flies when you aren't being hated or chased out." The elder smirked a little. "Is that so?" He added before his expression grimmed. Luca studied his face for a moment before reading the story in Danforth's eyes. "What happened?" He asked in a respectful tone that restrained his simmering rage. "It's better if you hear it firsthand; brother Cahess wanted to tell you himself and make sure you don't fly off the handle." Luca paled as he stared at Danforth in shocked bewilderment. His teacher usually always talked down to him on days he did well in practice and tolerated the berating when he messed up. This was not the sour, unpersonable hermit he remembered, nor was this an ordinary situation. After a moment or two of letting the elf gawp at him dazedly, Danforth finally ordered, "Pick up your damn jaw and get your disguise on; we're going to Helm's Hold." Luca shook his head to put himself back together, then did as was asked. "Golden star, light afar." he called with a flourish of his left hand that he pulled down over his face and his appearance shifted from Silver Drow, to true Elven. The four of them then started the trek to Helm's Hold in Silverymoon, with Luca's worry and anxiety starting to eat him alive. A half day's journey brought the quartet to the gates of the great Elven city. Before they were questioned by the guards, Luca froze as the sensation of being watched came over him. A dark, gentle voice spoke to his mind. "I've been watching you a while, dark one, but worry not. You differ greatly from the black ones." Luca relaxed his grip on his swords and decided to carry on a conversation. He focused on the voice and answered, "I'll decide if you're a friend or foe when I see you; show yourself or be hunted." A deep chuckle was heard to his right and he spun toward it with his swords drawn and spotted a large black cat slowly walking toward him. Danforth heard Luca's swords and excused himself from the guards to see what the elf was riled over. "You didn't draw your-" He was cut short by the sight of the now faintly striped big cat walking toward them. The veteran ranger tried to dominate the big cat, it growled loud and low. Luca held his hand out to stop his teacher, then walked up to meet the strangely intelligent beast. "Don't expect me to save you if he cops an attitude." Danforth called. Luca smiled back and returned with, "He won't; he was speaking to me a moment ago." After conversing with the tiger, he learned it had no name. "I think Kyanite would suit you best." Luca declared after thinking a moment. The big cat tilted his head and asked, "Why that?" "You remind me of it." The tiger chuffed at Luca and smiled the way cats smile after a quick nod. "Kyanite I am, then." After reluctantly having his new friend wait in the wood, Luca went through the gate and into the city. "What in the name of Cyric were you thinking?!" Danforth hissed while they marched through the streets. Luca sighed through his nose and answered, "Good Veteran, wasn't that exactly how Stormwind chose you? And Cerin chose me?" "Whatever! If she did get nasty with you at first, you still could've handled yourself and the bird can't carry anything bigger than a rabbit. The only cat I've ever seen that can take down an ogre is a Dire Tiger and you never want to press your luck with a wild one. There's something very strange with that cat." "And, he looked at me just like Cerin did; he admired me for some reason." The wolf made an uncertain sound and looked up at her friend. Luca smiled lightly at her and reassured her. "Don't you worry, though; we've been through too much for me to forget about you. I'm also a little apprehensive about Kyanite." They reached the temple in short order and were warmly but grimly welcomed by the Helmites. "Luca, Danforth; be welcome as always in spite of our mourning." The bald, slightly round man was only as tall as Luca and looked him right in the eye. "The black owl dropped a feather on your doorstep; brother Cahess wants to see you alone." Luca felt his chest grow tight and nodded. "Come, Cerin." The cleric looked back and stopped them. "Dear brother, you know the rules; she is not allowed inside the father's chambers." The wolf glared at him as sorrow forced anger into Luca's eyes, tinging them with wisps of garnet. "Cerin follows wherever I tread. If she isn't allowed, neither am I." he snapped. "Artuehr, let 'em go; he has enough trouble without you putting more on his mind." The priest composed himself and nodded to Danforth. "Very well; follow me." Luca calmed himself with a worried sigh and the red that crept into his eyes faded. At that, the Silver Drow and his companion followed brother Artuehr to meet with Father Corbret.

Views: 154

Replies to This Discussion

From one side of the cave, she stepped into view: hip-length hair the color of a sunset, fierce and vibrant amber eyes, gold-trimmed silver plate steel armor; her face beautifully showed the wisdom of age and wear of war. Lord Brantor, Silmawen, and the dwarven rangers stared in wonder at the elven warrioress before Luca finally introduced her. "For those who don't know," he started, "may I humbly present, Lady Aribeth de Tylmarande, Paladin of Tyr." Aribeth bowed slightly with a small, polite smile. Silmawen finally spoke, "Lady Tylmarande… weren't you alongside the Lords' Alliance? Scourging the people you once swore to protect?" The Paladin looked away a moment, then answered. "I was, regrettably. I let my faith waiver as my feelings for…" She stifled a sob as a tear slipped past. "Forgive me. I let my feelings for my once dear Fenthick cloud my judgement and I went the wrong way to try to undo the evils against him. I've spent many years atoning for those transgressions and only as of late did the ranks of Tyr allow me to rejoin. I am deeply honored, though, to be able to again serve Tyr with my brothers and sisters." Lord Silvermaul nodded gravely to her and answered, "Be welcome in my halls, nonetheless. There are pressing matters, so we'd best be ready." At that, the dwarf lord waved them back inside to the main hall.
Zuma and Dufarra bowed to The Paladin and respectfully said, "Welcome, My name is Zuma Ragnarok, Chaos Mage of the Realms of Zeltor, Planet Zelton. And this is my canine familiar Dufarra, who is of Terran Lapsa Apso descent but raised and born in my home Realm."
Aribeth returned with a polite, gentle smile and answered, "Glad to meet you, mage Ragnarok, though I'm curious as to how you know the Westwood Shield." Luca looked back to her and returned with, "At a little tavern in the Crossroads. Had I never visited there, I would never have known of this until it was too late. Zuma, how have the plans to upset the Valsharess' plans progressed?" Aribeth stared at Luca in shock for just a moment until she came to a chilling possibility. "By Tyr's mighty hand, she means to wage a warless genocide! Against whom? And, how do you mean to stop her?" "Zuma?" Luca deferred.
"This Spider Queen of the Drow obviously was brainwashed by Michael and therefore allied her forces with him. If we are to win we need a few dragons of our own. Luca, Ragnakor can be summoned by you, while Koran Gar can be summoned by myself. Also the Sun Bombs are complete and we have enough for both the Dark Dwarves and the Drow. Of course if we are to win, we would have to unite with all of the good Races of these Realms, Eleven, Silver Drow, Humans and Dwarves. Warriors, Mages, Paladins, Priests, Healers and other classes of This Realm can, when united against the Warlord God and the Spider Queen, stop them both from destroying this Realm and others."

Zuma bowed and then stood waiting for a response.
Luca, Brantor, Silmawen, Kyanite, and Cerin all looked around in puzzlement, but Aribeth brightened a little as she remembered a dragon she rescued. "When I was reunited with the ranks of Tyr's Paladins, my first quest was to rescue a hatchling gold dragon. The poor thing was almost dead in the clutches of a vicious red. While we were traveling back to the monastery, she gave me a small gilded scale and showed me how to ring it if ever I needed her help." Suddenly all eyes were on the Paladin and everyone stared at her, slack-jawed. Finally, Lord Brantor spoke up: "Ye think it might be time to call her? If ye can't already tell, we're in a bit of a bind and we can use all the help we can get." Kyanite also perked up with a thought. "I wish I'd remembered this sooner, but I can speak to cats from the spectral realms. Zuma, could you open a gateway there? We could use that for travel." Luca gawped at the cat in disbelief. "Sehanine's greaves! How could you neglect to remember that?!" The tiger flattened his ears apologetically and answered, "I myself am not from the spectrals and haven't had much contact with my friends there as of late; I never intended that to slip my mind." The dwarf lord sighed gruffly and pointed out Zuma and Kyanite. "You two work on that method of travel, and Lady Tylmarande, call yer dragon friend. The farther we can tip the scales in our favor, the better. Luca, get a party ready; yer off to the Underdark. Yer neck-deep in her plot and none can afford to lose ye. I ain't about to lose these caves easily, either, so everyone who can handle a weapon will! This "warlord god" wants a fight, we'll give him one he'll hate to remember!"
"Kyanite, I believe I have just the rune for Astral Travel and Communication." Zuma pulled out a small silver rune and put down on a small table so the Tiger can see the rune. "Now all you have to do is say your friend's name for contact and if your friend or friends want to travel here a portal will open when they say 'To Kyanite' which you are the one they know. It's a simple and not very complex magic and can transport and entire Astral Realm if needed."
"Or you could go through Arion's Tavern and find your feline friends from there." Zuma added.
Luca perked up and spun to face the cat and Zuma on hearing mention of the tavern. "As appealing and effective as that idea might be, I'd rather not attract any unnecessary attention to so gracious a host as Arion. Let's not do that if we don't need to, but keep it in mind. I have to ready my team; Silmawen!" he called, and the svelte warrioress followed him to the Roost with Cerin. Kyanite looked about before looking toward the dwarf lord. "My lord, is there an empty room we could use?" Lord Brantor gave the cat a light smile and nod, then answered, "Certainly." before calling out something in Dwarvish to a guard. He whispered something to the guard, who nodded and motioned for Zuma and Kyanite to follow him. "This should be advantageous, and I would like to see my friends in the Astrals again.", the cat opined. A scant few moments later, the ring of a sword as loud as cathedral bells was heard through the thick rock walls of the cave as it sped across the sky…
Zuma was temporarily blinded and their was still a faint ringing in his ears as the Dragon Man awoke within the Astrals and saw a Realm that was inhabited by felines of all sorts.
Meanwhile in the Realms.

A scout walked up and reported to the Warlord God, "Sir, There is no sign of the enemy commanders. What do we do?"

Michael thought and said, "Triple the patrols, there now must be 3 scouts in each patrol, and all units have to be on high alert for any unusual activity."

"Yes sir, I will go and tell the company commanders of this new development"

"Carry on."
A glint of gold appeared seemingly from nowhere and plummeted to the ground in the direction of the source of that sound. Aribeth expectantly watched the shiny object fall toward her, listening nervously to the scant rustling about.

Kyanite stood cautiously next to Zuma as Astral cats of all sorts surrounded them. They all looked at the pair who just arrived in apprehension as murmurs bubbled up around them. A huge black panther - just smaller than Kyanite - waded through the throngs straight toward the black tiger and his companion. Nervously, the feline looked to Zuma and quietly ordered, "Whatever you do, stay calm; they sensed how powerful you are and might attack if you do anything too quickly.", just before the panther reached them and burbled a low snarl through his - as Kyanite surmised - nose. The tiger chuffed and bowed slightly to the approaching cat, who subsequently uttered something between a purr and a quiet growl and Kyanite responded by snapping to what could somehow be seen as a position of attention; he stood straight with all his paws perfectly spaced in a rectangle and his tail pointed straight up. After a moments inspection, though, the panther finally spoke: "I tell you to not be a stranger and you bring a stranger to us? What in Menzoberranzan possessed you?" The tiger answered, "The mage is a friend of mine and of others whom I've recently allied myself with; he is half of the reason I'm here." The panther sat in front of the two a moment before he then chuffed and roared with a tone resembling a festive trumpet, sending most of the cats running off for one thing or another while the ones who stayed, burbled what could only be called purring while they greeted Zuma and Kyanite.

A thunderclap roared out inky blackness over the concealed doorway that Aribeth had used. "Inside, quickly!", was all the elven Paladin heard before being ushered back through the door and into the lower tunnel she had come through. She found herself being almost dragged back into the depths of the cave before they finally stopped and the figure - dressed entirely in a black robe that covered its feet and a dark hood pulled low - pinned her against the wall. She struggled to find a sword, but the figure was too strong. "How do you not recognize an old friend whom you summoned to be an ally?" she said in a rich alto that sounded bigger than she was. A look of vague recognition swept across the elf's face. "…Solara Noctis?" The figure chuckled into a rugged but velvety and musical laugh as she pulled back her hood. "None other, milady." she said, smiling brightly at Aribeth. Her hair was a luscious copper, contrasting slightly with her sand-colored skin and offset by vivid gold eyes and teeth that literally shone like natural pearls. "I saw your troubles as I flew in overhead, Aribeth; by Lathander, I hope the Nine Hells haven't overrun Faerûn." The Paladin gave a small chuckle, then answered, "No; mercifully, it's just half the Sword Coast, most of Menzoberranzan, and some power-crazed demigod on an I-want-to-rule-the-world grand tour. Sadly, though, even that's more than enough for the seemingly ragtag bunch of fighters gathered here." The dragoness thought on that for a minute before she curled a corner of her lips into a half smile. "I hope this doesn't count as repayment for a debt; your saving my very young life and all." Aribeth smiled warmly with a small chuckle and answered, "Hardly, else I'd not have been accepted again by Tyr's mighty hand. They're expecting us back, however, so we should go meet them. A favor, though?" Solara tilted her head slightly and looked at the elf quizzically. "For such a friend, anything, but I'm curious as to why you bring one up now; do tell?" "Some friends and allies of mine are… different only in appearance, so please don't judge them by how they look on the outside?" "…I will try, but understand that strictly because of how you asked, I will be very skeptical of them. Nevertheless, because you've befriended whoever they might be and I trust your judgement, I will meet them and see if they are as you claim." Aribeth nodded her thanks and motioned down the hall for the two to head back to the main hall. Which had recently been renovated to be a war room.
In the Realms...

The Warlord God summoned his Top general to his cabin, disguised himself as a wanderer and his general into himself and told him to keep a look out and to pretend that all is well. He also told the general that he will be back in a week, trying to figure out what is going on at the enemy camp. Later he left the camp under cover of darkness and went into the lee of the caves, covering himself with dirt, blood and sweat to fool any patrols coming his way. And to add stupidity and insult to his mortal enemies he quickly turned off all the God powers in his body so any mages, or clerics, studying him will not know he is the Warlord God. then he gave himself a concussion with an axe he found lying around and slumped unconscience in a known patrol route of the enemy.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Founder.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service