RULES FOR ARION'S INTERDIMENSIONAL TAVERN:
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!
1) The Comment block is for new players to say hi and introduce themselves.
2) The OOC Thread is for discussion of the game out-of-character. Need to ask a question? Here is the place to do it. Want to make a comment or suggestion? Do it here.
3) The Tavern thread is for in-character play ONLY. You must remain in character while in the tavern.
4) Each player needs to create a character for play. There are no particular rules for character creation. Your character can be from anywhere, any time period, any dimension, any race (even alien). HOWEVER there may be no divine/immortal/all-powerful/all-knowing/invulnerable super characters. The focus of the Tavern is character interaction, not combat. Check out the Character Creation Ideas thread for help in getting started if you need it.
5) I alone play Arion, Pyewacket, Zachary Binks, Merlin, Grimalkin, Bouncer and the tavern staff. The only exception to this is when I have to be away from the keyboard. In such situations it is okay to say something like "I give my order to a barmaid" or some such. But do not carry on conversations with them unless I am on.
6) You may not control another player's character in either action or speech, or cause irrepairable damage to another's character.
7) You may not destroy the tavern in whole or in part.
8) If at any time you want your character to leave the tavern but continue playing outside the tavern, start a new thread. Once the door closes behind you on the way out of the tavern, you must start a new thread.
9) For simplicity's sake and to prevent utter chaos, please - only one character per player.
10) Please do not bring or magic any food or drink into the tavern. This is how Arion makes his living! Offenders will meet Bouncer. Hehehehehe
11) The Tavern is for chatting, not fighting. Feel like fighting? Take it outside to a new thread. Don't make me get Bouncer after you....
12) Please read what has been posted since your last visit to the tavern before making any new posts. That way we keep strange mistakes to a minimum.
13) Please do not play a famous character from history or literature. I don't want to see Conan or Merlin or Robin Hood or Gandalf in the Tavern. Original characters only please.
14) While it is okay to post details of your character for everyone to see if you wish to do so, it is not absolutely necessary as long as you abide by rules 4 and 13. Sometimes it is more fun to remain a mystery. :)
15) I reserve the right to create new rules should things get out of hand or as difficult situations arise.