Wicca Official Worldwide Community of Pagans Wiccans & Neopagans

Wicca Wiccans Pagans and Free Souls.. live different.. be Neopagan!

Luca, Cerin, and Stormwind stepped through a door of space back into Silverymoon where Danforth was waiting for them. He was old, but still of solid build and ruggedly handsome with silvering sandy hair, brown eyes that looked more like smoky quartz, and a light brown beard that was well-groomed. …For a ranger, anyway. "What kept you, Onyx?" he asked, with age adding a slight rasp to his usually smooth cello baritone. Luca chuckled with a meek, gentle smile and a glint in his silvered sapphire eyes. "Well, time flies when you aren't being hated or chased out." The elder smirked a little. "Is that so?" He added before his expression grimmed. Luca studied his face for a moment before reading the story in Danforth's eyes. "What happened?" He asked in a respectful tone that restrained his simmering rage. "It's better if you hear it firsthand; brother Cahess wanted to tell you himself and make sure you don't fly off the handle." Luca paled as he stared at Danforth in shocked bewilderment. His teacher usually always talked down to him on days he did well in practice and tolerated the berating when he messed up. This was not the sour, unpersonable hermit he remembered, nor was this an ordinary situation. After a moment or two of letting the elf gawp at him dazedly, Danforth finally ordered, "Pick up your damn jaw and get your disguise on; we're going to Helm's Hold." Luca shook his head to put himself back together, then did as was asked. "Golden star, light afar." he called with a flourish of his left hand that he pulled down over his face and his appearance shifted from Silver Drow, to true Elven. The four of them then started the trek to Helm's Hold in Silverymoon, with Luca's worry and anxiety starting to eat him alive. A half day's journey brought the quartet to the gates of the great Elven city. Before they were questioned by the guards, Luca froze as the sensation of being watched came over him. A dark, gentle voice spoke to his mind. "I've been watching you a while, dark one, but worry not. You differ greatly from the black ones." Luca relaxed his grip on his swords and decided to carry on a conversation. He focused on the voice and answered, "I'll decide if you're a friend or foe when I see you; show yourself or be hunted." A deep chuckle was heard to his right and he spun toward it with his swords drawn and spotted a large black cat slowly walking toward him. Danforth heard Luca's swords and excused himself from the guards to see what the elf was riled over. "You didn't draw your-" He was cut short by the sight of the now faintly striped big cat walking toward them. The veteran ranger tried to dominate the big cat, it growled loud and low. Luca held his hand out to stop his teacher, then walked up to meet the strangely intelligent beast. "Don't expect me to save you if he cops an attitude." Danforth called. Luca smiled back and returned with, "He won't; he was speaking to me a moment ago." After conversing with the tiger, he learned it had no name. "I think Kyanite would suit you best." Luca declared after thinking a moment. The big cat tilted his head and asked, "Why that?" "You remind me of it." The tiger chuffed at Luca and smiled the way cats smile after a quick nod. "Kyanite I am, then." After reluctantly having his new friend wait in the wood, Luca went through the gate and into the city. "What in the name of Cyric were you thinking?!" Danforth hissed while they marched through the streets. Luca sighed through his nose and answered, "Good Veteran, wasn't that exactly how Stormwind chose you? And Cerin chose me?" "Whatever! If she did get nasty with you at first, you still could've handled yourself and the bird can't carry anything bigger than a rabbit. The only cat I've ever seen that can take down an ogre is a Dire Tiger and you never want to press your luck with a wild one. There's something very strange with that cat." "And, he looked at me just like Cerin did; he admired me for some reason." The wolf made an uncertain sound and looked up at her friend. Luca smiled lightly at her and reassured her. "Don't you worry, though; we've been through too much for me to forget about you. I'm also a little apprehensive about Kyanite." They reached the temple in short order and were warmly but grimly welcomed by the Helmites. "Luca, Danforth; be welcome as always in spite of our mourning." The bald, slightly round man was only as tall as Luca and looked him right in the eye. "The black owl dropped a feather on your doorstep; brother Cahess wants to see you alone." Luca felt his chest grow tight and nodded. "Come, Cerin." The cleric looked back and stopped them. "Dear brother, you know the rules; she is not allowed inside the father's chambers." The wolf glared at him as sorrow forced anger into Luca's eyes, tinging them with wisps of garnet. "Cerin follows wherever I tread. If she isn't allowed, neither am I." he snapped. "Artuehr, let 'em go; he has enough trouble without you putting more on his mind." The priest composed himself and nodded to Danforth. "Very well; follow me." Luca calmed himself with a worried sigh and the red that crept into his eyes faded. At that, the Silver Drow and his companion followed brother Artuehr to meet with Father Corbret.

Views: 154

Replies to This Discussion

Stormwind had been hunting around that area when he spotted the goings on at the camp. He found a high perch and watched this play out, preening himself as a cover. Once the scene was set, he searched for a small bird or animal to dive after to escape and get to Luca so that no one would go near the too-perfectly staged victim.

Back in the Astral realms…
Kyanite and Zuma followed the panther, named Obsidian, through what was an incredibly well-constructed village. "What finally brings you here, Xandrite?" Obsidian asked. Kyanite sighed through his nose and answered, "Strict business and big trouble; have you heard what's going on in Faerûn?" The panther nodded grimly. "Such is the reason you were greeted the way you were. Some Shadows and Duergar tried to pass through here and we only barely drove them off." Obsidian thought for a moment. "You mean to use this place as a sort of mass transit? To what end?" The tiger motioned back to the Dragon Man. "We need to quickly and discreetly bring allies of the Silvermaul clan back to the caverns of Deepforge. Can you help us?" The panther thought on this a while, then remembered another ally. "Do you remember the first Drow to ever walk the surface?" said the panther with a cat smile. Kyanite looked at him with vague recognition. "Drizzt? You mean Guenhwyvar?" The panther nodded and answered, "She still walks among us. She is very old and has no one to call for her, but she too might help however she can. She knows just how to get to Icewind Dale and Mithral Hall." Kyanite brightened when he heard that. "Mithral Hall?! That is where I was sent! King Battlehammer is a close friend and great ally of my Lord Silvermaul. When might we speak to Guenhwyvar?" Just then, a smoky alto purred out of nowhere, "I hope now isn't too soon for you, Kyanite. I'm glad to see you found a companion much like mine was."
The Dragon Man replied to Obsidian, "Yes I can help you, I have a Mass Transport spell that can transport an armada of soldiers if nesscessary." Zuma looked towards Guenhwyvar and bowed in respect to the legendary creature, "My name is Zuma Ragnarok, Chaos Mage and a Dragon Man of the Realms of Zeltor. My mission is to stop the Warlord God Michael from destroying or conquering all worlds that he goes to in order to fulfill his own mission of killing Jehovah and Jesus Christ. There followers enraged him a long time ago and now he's on the warpath, finding magicks and weapons to kill these two entities once and for all. But hopefully his current army will eventually find out what will happen if they continue following him and join our side, but for now we can only wait and increase our forces. Because sooner or later, he will come to your Realm and destroy it, and that I must not allow." With those last words said, Zuma's eyes glowed red briefly and he strenghtened his magic for the final battle between himself and the Warlord God.
The old matriarch noticed the flash in Zuma's eyes and narrowed her eyes as she rolled her ears back. "I pray that was no threat to us, chaos mage. Our losses are replicable where yours, I'm sure, isn't." Kyanite noticed the stress in Guen's voice and looked from her to Zuma. "It isn't, milady; he knows the real threat and we aren't it. All he did was gather and focus as much power as he has available in preparation." "How can you be sure?" she asked, while eying the tiger warily. Obsidian answered confidently, "I don't doubt him, Great One; he was nothing but great help to us in the past with his ability to discern spirits, energies, and the intent of others. I imagine that there is much he knows that we are only barely aware of, if at all." Kyanite lowered his ears and turned his head away bashfully. "I'm not the one who deserves flattering, Obsidian." He looked again to Guenhwyvar. "I failed to mention before that I'm deeply honored to meet such a living legend." he said with a bow. She chuckled lightly at the comment and answered, "I'm glad you think so highly of me." Just after, Kyanite crouched hurriedly just as a startled housecat and pricked his ears in alarm. "We have to hurry. Something's moving up there. Milady, what's the closest point here that we can use to jump to Mithral Hall?" The eldest stared at the two a moment before jerking her head over her right shoulder and barked, "This way!"

The peregrine chirped and chittered when he saw Luca. The ranger saw Stormwind and beaconed him to his glove. "What did you see?" he asked the bird. The response was all falcon's chirps that only Luca could understand. After about a minute conferring with his compatriot, he sent the bird off to tell the rest of the group in Deepforge. Silmawen looked at the ranger oddly and asked, "What was that all about?" "It seems that there's a new facet to the warlord god; he's disguised himself as a mortal in distress as a ruse to infiltrate Deepforge. I just hope Stormwind reaches them in time." Silmawen narrowed her eyes and looked sidelong at Luca. "So do I. If he can mask himself like that, I don't want to find out what might happen if he gets anywhere near Lord Silvermaul. Let's keep going and be quick about it." Luca nodded to her and waved the group on to move faster.

The cats trotted to a stop with Zuma behind them. "This is it. Best of travels to you". Kyanite nodded a bow to Guenhwyvar and turned to Zuma. "Can you find your way to where we came in? Lord Brantor will need your help more than I do. I can find my way around here fine now."
Zuma replied, "Yes, I know just the spell, it is a visualization transport spell that will send right where I what to go." Zuma bowed to all 3 Astral Felines and said before he departed, "See you all soon, and good luck!" With that said, he disappeared in a flash of crimson light and a few seconds later, he was standing next to a beleaguered Lord Brantor, wondering how Zuma was suddenly right next to him.

The Warlord God really didn't like waiting, so he stood up and disposed of his mortal disquise. "Damn mortals," He spat, "Don't they know how to scout a perimeter anymore?" With that he was a about to go back to base when he saw a peregrine flying towards the caves. The Warlord God thought, "Finally, some action, this was starting to get a little boring." He then summoned up 3 Life Reaper Demon and sent them to kill anything and everything they find that looks humanoid. "Go out there and kill everyone you see, or else I will kill you myself." The Demons obeyed, and headed directly towards the Silvermaul caves.
The LRD's were demonic in apperance and exuded an aura of death that surrounded them like a heavy cloak. They were nearly invisible too, for they had magickal armor that was transparent, transluscent and opaque. Transparent so they were see through, opaque so no one could see through the armor and at their bodies, and transluscent so they blinded anyone looking directly at them. Of course their armor had one flaw, it was connected on all of the joints with leather straps, therefore the neck, wrists, shoulders, knees and other joints were quite visible. Of course the eyes were also visible. All of this allowed freedom of motion and the ability for the victims to know who killed them. The Demons also were quite stealthy and fast, one minute an entire herd of cows could be grazing, 10 seconds later they could all be lying dead.

The Demons ran for a few miles and split up, hoping to cover more ground, therefore kill more people. And after 10 minutes, The Demons slaughtered 10 ignorant patrols, and continued on for the caves, killing even more patrols as they went...

Zuma sensed the Demons and hurriedly told Lord Brantor, "My Lord, I sense Life Reaper Demons in the vicinity of the caves, what are my orders, you are of course a superior officer so therefore I must wait for your orders to either kill these Demons, or waste my time reporting to you and the others about the mission with Kyanite while the Demons kill hundreds of soldiers and refugees. It's your choice." Zuma knew how to lay it on thick, so he used it to the best of his ability to get the point across.
Solara's eyes turned completely gold and she rumbled low at Zuma with a glare. Aribeth intervened and interjected, "Zuma, we spotted them already and were waiting for you. I would advise you to mind your tone - we know how dire the situation is - but this is my longtime friend, Solara Noctis Mortem; a gold Dragon." Lord Brantor nodded and spoke up, "The two o' ye dragons are gonna meet these hellish bastards with a team of clerics and Dwarven Defenders. They're waitin' on ye; move."
Zuma looked at the Gold Dragon and said, "Well let's be off then, and there's no need to be threatened by me Solara, only the Warlord God and these Life Reapers are today's worries." He sounded confident for he had many spells that can turn a demon's own advantage to a disadvantage, therefore others can easily kill them. Zuma quickly ran out and flew off into the air, and summoned his Mecha-Dragon Ancestor, Koran Gar, to batlle. "I need you Great Ancestor, come and smite the enemies of Zalrok!" In an awesome flash of golden light Koran Gar stood outside the caves with his legendary Fire Sword, Hell's Envy, and Fire Shield, Sol's Rival. His head was shaped light a crocodile, aligator mix, his body was covered in multi-elemental armor, that protected him from all kinds of elemental magic and physical attacks. His arms and legs were human-like and also covered in the same armor. Koran Gar had no wings, for he could jump and bring down flying opponents fron 500 feet in the air. He had a giant multi-colored helmet, that fit his oddly shaped head quite well, and allowed him to glid a far distance. His body was heavily muscled and he had no tail, for he trained so much during his youth that the tail became one with his body, adding to his human like appearance.

Koran Gar asked, "What is it Zuma?" Zuma replied respectfully, "Life Reapers, Lord Gar, they were summoned by the Warlord God to cut down the defenders." With thought, Koran Gar knew that Michael was an irratic God who liked to keep his enemies in suspense and surprise, of course he did like to even the odds to his own favor, so Koran Gar did not like the way things were going.

The Demons spotted Koran Gar and quickly came at him from three directions, trying to out-flank him and kill the deadly Dragon quickly without a single casualty.

Zuma spotted them all from his airy position and turned their invisiblity to visibility with his Opposites Attract spell. "Solara get ready to kill demon" he thought.
Solara called the clerics and Defenders to her. "One cleric to every Defender, line up behind us, prepare to rush and swarm them once Zuma casts his spell, I will have my own ready and will help when I can." They nodded with wary acknowledgment and went to their positions. She floated in the air a distance and glowed gold as she shifted from her elven form back to her dragon form. She bellowed flame from her mouth with a roar, announcing that they were ready to fight.

Luca and Cerin heard the Dragon's resonant howl, like the clear, determined tone of a war trumpet. He paused a moment and turned toward the sound with wonder, then Silmawen halted the group and went back to get him. "Luca, they have their orders and we have ours. They have Aribeth, Zuma, and Solara; have faith in them. He shook himself and looked to her. "I still worry about them. Out there is one of few friends I've only recently made and it feels like I've just signed his death warrant." Silmawen turned Luca to face her and looked him in the eyes, her own a soft garnet like red wine. "He still chose to come with you. His fate is in his own hands now, but he has powerful friends beside him. There is another ill fate that is ours to thwart; let's get to it." Luca gave her a small nod and waved Cerin to follow as he and Silmawen went back to the group and started to the forest of Mir.

Kyanite was halted by a couple guards once he arrival at Mithral Hall. 'Dammit!' he sighed to himself. One of the guards rumbled, "Yer wagon is fixed, cat! Wait'll the king comes down; we'll dine on roast cat tonight!" Another one chuckled like a pirate at the comments and Kyanite lowered his ears - he always like the dinner bell, but not when he was the main course. Soon after, one guard snapped to attention and the first one moved behind the tiger and showed as much respect as he could while still watching their prisoner. King Bruenor Battlehammer looked old but still able, calm yet fierce, and and age hadn't slowed him much, if any. He looked the lot over and almost recognized Kyanite as Guenhwyvar, but studied him a little before waving the guards away from him. The guards looked at each other in puzzlement, then to their king. "Milord, he simply appeared here! Moradin knows what else he could do had we not stopped 'im!" The king held up a hand to stop them and said, "So did one o' me old friends, so I think we should hear this one out." and waved them away again. They relented and King Bruenor nodded to Kyanite. He meekly looked at the king, who said, "Well, are ye gonna speak up or do I have to let the guards beat it outta ye?" The cat's ears shot up in surprised and spoke up. "Your highness, I was sent through the Astral realms - where Guenhwyvar still lives - by your ally, Lord Brantor Silvermaul, to ask for your aid in a battle that will decide the fate of all Middle Earth." The king's eyes widened when he heard this and spun into a fast walking pace and barked over his shoulder, "To my chambers, now! Bring the cat!" The guards snapped to a salute and nudged Kyanite after him. 'This can't possibly be good…' the cat grumbled to himself.
The spell complete, and the demons visible, Koran Gar sliced one Life Reaper in half, and quickly cut open its' head to make it stay dead. 'Humans and Dwarves, make sure you stab these demons in the head, or else they come back to kill you!"
The battle raged, and Zuma quickly casted another spell to make the demons stay dead when they died. "Luca, where are you going, the Warlord God is still out there, you could die!" Zuma sent mentally hoping and giving his blessing, "Probably searching for allies!" He thought to himself, as he continued his assult on the demons.
Its ironic, but the Warlord God, was still out there, and when he was sure the two Silver Drow were not aware of his presence, he trapped them both in a Chaos reinforced prison dome. He entered the dome without difficulty, for it allowed people to come-in, but not out. He had 3 chairs materialize and solidify. He then motioned the Drow to sit down. Michael then sat down and said, "Please sit down, I want to talk to you two before you go on your journey, so you have nothing to fear. I won't kill you, If you allow me to explain myself, I will let you free. Now considering I only know 1 of you, I think introductions are in order. You may not know me, but I am Warlord God Michael, and for this discussion, you shall know me, and call me, as Michael." With that he waited for the Drow to respond and ask several of their questions.
Cerin growled low and loudly and all the Doves warily scanned for the source of the voice, but Luca relaxed ever so slightly and flipped his twin swords along his forearms and called out, "First, show yourself and give us a physical token of your honor, then I will order the weapons be stowed." Silmawen snapped her gaze to Luca and her eyes burned a deep ruby. "Bittrell, have you gone completely mad?!" she hissed in rage and worry. Luca made a calming gesture to her and answered, "Silmawen, we're in no position to fight our way out, but this could become a great asset." He paused and smiled slightly as a thought came to him. "…And, I think I have a way to beat the Valsharess at her own game." The Doves all stared in bewilderment after that statement, but carefully stowed their weapons so that they could be reached easily. Luca nodded to them and turned his gaze skyward to announce, "We will enter this discussion with you. The first question, why are you taking power over Middle Earth by force?"

Solara called down to Zuma, "Luca is on his way to thwart the Valsharess! Defenders, go at them!" and the legion of clerics and Dwarven Defenders rushed the remaining two Reapers, knocking them down and trampling them like teams of oxen and those who brought up the rear made sure to destroy the heads so they wouldn't come back. "Form up!!" the Dragon roared, and the teams that rushed the reapers ran back to stand as a solid line before her. "Aribeth! Bring the next regiment!" she called over her shoulder.

A door of space opened and Kyanite roared out of the portal while carrying King Bruenor into the room he first used to travel to the Astral realms. He burst through the door and the rest of the dwarf king's gathered forces ran after, mixed in with the Astral cats who greeted the black tiger and Zuma. "Lord Brantor! I bring the allies I promised!" Kyanite shouted into the halls as he ran. A couple moments later, a faint reply was heard: "We gather in the main hall and march to the fight! Tylmarande marched out with the Paladins already; the fight is on!!" Adrenaline ran in the cat's veins faster than blood and he asked his rider, "King Battlehammer, may I have your permission to relay that order to your troops?" The king answered, "Aye, this time; but leave the rest to me." The cat nodded excitedly and roared back, "We go straight to the fight! Give no quarter and leave no comrade behind!!" The dwarves roared a cheer and the cats howled in delight, melding together and echoing down the halls like a war trumpet. The fates of Deepforge, Mithral Hall, the Black Doves, and all the rest of Middle Earth would be decided today.

Lord Brantor walked among his soldiers, examining their armor and their resolve. He took his place at his throne with a sigh of release and determination, realizing that he might not return to it. "Brothers, soldiers; defenders of the mines of Deepforge, we've faced great odds in the past and won the day. But today, will no doubt be your greatest test of resolve - it will show all of Faerûn and Middle Earth how badly you want not only to keep yer homes, but to make sure all races and motivations can as well. This is a fight that many may not walk away from, but all will be needed. Let no prejudice consume you, let no fear restrain you, and fer the gods' sake, let none of those vile bastards escape alive!! Show me your courage!!" Shouts and war cries filled the main hall and ran like a rampaging herd through every corridor as soon as the dwarf lord finished. The approaching horde from Mithral Hall and the Astral realms were edged on by this and the cacophony boomed out to the mouth of the cave while the two dwarven tribes collected and charged toward the outside. The gathered Paladins and Defenders heard the monstrous roar of their sudden comrades and all grinned fiercely before unleashing a collective howl of gleeful determination and fearlessness. Elven trumpets were also heard as Elves of Sehanine Moonbow marched to the gathering force of light; they numbered close to the millions now and united for one goal…
"Good question little drow, but I must say this in response, why are you willing to defend it?" The Warlord God said as he rematerialized to visiblity in front of Luca, sitting on his chair. "And also, as I will now say, I did not yet mobilize my forces for an invasion just yet, so when your troops come fighting, their lives will be extinguished before me. Like blowing out candles, their flames will go out before a storm."

RSS

© 2024   Created by Founder.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service