Wicca Official Worldwide Community of Pagans Wiccans & Neopagans

Wicca Wiccans Pagans and Free Souls.. live different.. be Neopagan!

Luca, Cerin, and Stormwind stepped through a door of space back into Silverymoon where Danforth was waiting for them. He was old, but still of solid build and ruggedly handsome with silvering sandy hair, brown eyes that looked more like smoky quartz, and a light brown beard that was well-groomed. …For a ranger, anyway. "What kept you, Onyx?" he asked, with age adding a slight rasp to his usually smooth cello baritone. Luca chuckled with a meek, gentle smile and a glint in his silvered sapphire eyes. "Well, time flies when you aren't being hated or chased out." The elder smirked a little. "Is that so?" He added before his expression grimmed. Luca studied his face for a moment before reading the story in Danforth's eyes. "What happened?" He asked in a respectful tone that restrained his simmering rage. "It's better if you hear it firsthand; brother Cahess wanted to tell you himself and make sure you don't fly off the handle." Luca paled as he stared at Danforth in shocked bewilderment. His teacher usually always talked down to him on days he did well in practice and tolerated the berating when he messed up. This was not the sour, unpersonable hermit he remembered, nor was this an ordinary situation. After a moment or two of letting the elf gawp at him dazedly, Danforth finally ordered, "Pick up your damn jaw and get your disguise on; we're going to Helm's Hold." Luca shook his head to put himself back together, then did as was asked. "Golden star, light afar." he called with a flourish of his left hand that he pulled down over his face and his appearance shifted from Silver Drow, to true Elven. The four of them then started the trek to Helm's Hold in Silverymoon, with Luca's worry and anxiety starting to eat him alive. A half day's journey brought the quartet to the gates of the great Elven city. Before they were questioned by the guards, Luca froze as the sensation of being watched came over him. A dark, gentle voice spoke to his mind. "I've been watching you a while, dark one, but worry not. You differ greatly from the black ones." Luca relaxed his grip on his swords and decided to carry on a conversation. He focused on the voice and answered, "I'll decide if you're a friend or foe when I see you; show yourself or be hunted." A deep chuckle was heard to his right and he spun toward it with his swords drawn and spotted a large black cat slowly walking toward him. Danforth heard Luca's swords and excused himself from the guards to see what the elf was riled over. "You didn't draw your-" He was cut short by the sight of the now faintly striped big cat walking toward them. The veteran ranger tried to dominate the big cat, it growled loud and low. Luca held his hand out to stop his teacher, then walked up to meet the strangely intelligent beast. "Don't expect me to save you if he cops an attitude." Danforth called. Luca smiled back and returned with, "He won't; he was speaking to me a moment ago." After conversing with the tiger, he learned it had no name. "I think Kyanite would suit you best." Luca declared after thinking a moment. The big cat tilted his head and asked, "Why that?" "You remind me of it." The tiger chuffed at Luca and smiled the way cats smile after a quick nod. "Kyanite I am, then." After reluctantly having his new friend wait in the wood, Luca went through the gate and into the city. "What in the name of Cyric were you thinking?!" Danforth hissed while they marched through the streets. Luca sighed through his nose and answered, "Good Veteran, wasn't that exactly how Stormwind chose you? And Cerin chose me?" "Whatever! If she did get nasty with you at first, you still could've handled yourself and the bird can't carry anything bigger than a rabbit. The only cat I've ever seen that can take down an ogre is a Dire Tiger and you never want to press your luck with a wild one. There's something very strange with that cat." "And, he looked at me just like Cerin did; he admired me for some reason." The wolf made an uncertain sound and looked up at her friend. Luca smiled lightly at her and reassured her. "Don't you worry, though; we've been through too much for me to forget about you. I'm also a little apprehensive about Kyanite." They reached the temple in short order and were warmly but grimly welcomed by the Helmites. "Luca, Danforth; be welcome as always in spite of our mourning." The bald, slightly round man was only as tall as Luca and looked him right in the eye. "The black owl dropped a feather on your doorstep; brother Cahess wants to see you alone." Luca felt his chest grow tight and nodded. "Come, Cerin." The cleric looked back and stopped them. "Dear brother, you know the rules; she is not allowed inside the father's chambers." The wolf glared at him as sorrow forced anger into Luca's eyes, tinging them with wisps of garnet. "Cerin follows wherever I tread. If she isn't allowed, neither am I." he snapped. "Artuehr, let 'em go; he has enough trouble without you putting more on his mind." The priest composed himself and nodded to Danforth. "Very well; follow me." Luca calmed himself with a worried sigh and the red that crept into his eyes faded. At that, the Silver Drow and his companion followed brother Artuehr to meet with Father Corbret.

Views: 154

Replies to This Discussion

"The thing is, there is a Gods' forged weapon somewhere here on your world that was created specifically made to kill me, therefore, Lolth the Spider Queen is also a target for the weapon. It can kill Gods, or Goddesses, of Evil or Malcontent. 3 groups of Gods forged the weapon, Earth's, Krynn's and Fearun's. Of course the respective Gods of Good from each World created the weapon, and they named it, ironicly, Evil's Bane. Is there an equivalent word in Dark Elven?" As he waited for and answer for the 2 questions he also said something else, "I personally don't know where they hid it, for you see they forged it in secret, and it comes in the shape of a sword, and to whomever looks at the weapon finds the most perfectly balenced and deadliest sword they have ever came across. At least that's the legend, and also, it's rumored to be in the Mir Forest, hidden in some cave in the eastern edge." Michael smiled and motion for Luca and Nica to sit down. "This should be interesting enough" he thought with mild amusement.
Luca pondered it a moment, then grinned as his eyes faded to a dark sapphire as he motioned the Doves to ready their weapons and seat themselves. "Such is the first I've heard of any weapon like that," Luca started, "but who pulls your strings, puppet? One would think that if you truly were a god, you will have lived for countless millennia and subsequently be fluent in Drow. Also, if this weapon even exists, what's to keep it from the hands of the Valsharess? She herself could use the spell she is preparing against the Silver Drow against you, or bring her that weapon to use however she sees fit and become a goddess. As to defending Faerûn and Middle Earth against you, all races know the unwritten law that all are born free and equal and have a birthright inheritance of life and liberty that none have any authority to steal away. In your "wisdom", did that happen to escape you?" The other Doves as well as Cerin stared at Luca in shock. Silmawen spoke up, "I hope you have some abilities beyond even what you carry from the black elves because it sounds as though you've signed our death warrant." Luca slowly turned to face her and glared into her, his eyes burning bright ruby with immovable resolve. "We will live free or die fighting for it, Gend. You can leave if you believe the contrary." the ranger answered quietly, with a deadly note in his voice. No one could believe what they were hearing and went white as every one fell silent, Cerin looked up at her comrade and whimpered quietly in protest, but Luca held his resolve even as he settled himself, waiting expectantly for an answer.

Aribeth arrived first on the field and noticed something. She scraped to a halt and screamed, "Solara!!" The cry startled the gold Dragon and she found the Paladin stopped dead in her tracks and leaned down to listen to her. After a moments whispering, Solara whipped her head back up and looked over her shoulder to the approaching horde. "Hold your ground! They aren't attacking and we must not provoke them!" The waves of eager warriors eased into a stop and did as was ordered. Lord Brantor and King Bruenor both sauntered up to the Dragon. "Do I dare ask why we got all riled up and roared outta the halls expectin' to go straight into a fight?!" Lord Silvermaul roared at her. Bruenor put a hand on his ally's shoulder and returned, "Brantor, we're out here in force and showin' that we're not backin' down; that could be enough." Lord Silvermaul sighed and clenched a fist, then answered, "Yer highness, whate'er the tiger told ye, I'm not sure he told ye everythin'; that bastard means to wage a genocide whether we fight or not. I'll be damned if any o' me clan don't go down fighting!" The dwarf king nearly hoisted Brantor off the ground while grabbing him by his breastplate and quietly growled to him, "And, I say the same, Silvermaul! But badgers on the defensive fight harder than their attackers! Don't provoke them! And we most certainly can't fight between each other!!" King Bruenor ended in a crescendo. He let go of Brantor's armor and clasped a shoulder. "I think introductions are in order; let's welcome each other as brothers and sisters in arms, shall we?" Bruenor growled cheerfully, and every warrior went to every different race and creed to see who they were fighting beside. As well as who and what they all were fighting for.

With the commotion outside Deepforge and the Doves anchored a league away from the edge of Mir, the peregrine, Stormwind, slipped away unnoticed to find Danforth so he could help.
"Don't call me puppet, you insolent Drow, or should I remind you that I can kill every last one of you without unsheathing my own weapons!" His anger subsided, Michael then said, "As for speaking and learning your language," He looked round and spotted Zuma, watching with unrestrained rage, "I was busy destroying worlds and killing innocent souls. Have you by any chance heard that The Realm of Seltor is now a Wasteland, thanks to me, and in five years the formerly lush and tropical world will explode. Due to sundering Seltor's core in half, and killing thousands of Beast Men, Zuma rather wants to kill me. You know how it is, killing hundreds of civilians for a test run and ruining a planet can cause a Dragon considerable grief, revenge often follows." Michael sighed and looked into the sky, wondering what to say next, then noticing the worried looks on everyone's faces he said, "Aww, I see that Zuma taught you all to fear the worst, you all think that you'd be dead because of Luca's suicidal behavior, but I won't kill you, this is parley. I do admit a forced parley, but parley nontheless. And i don't hold any of you responsible for his actions, But if he speaks to me like that again, Luca Bittrell of the Silver Drow, is a dead Drow. While the rest of you go free. Of course if any of you wish to avenge his death, your dead too. Got that, good. Now as for the Spider Queen, she can't find it because she doesn't know of it, and if she sent someone to find it, well it's guarding by magicks and guardians that kill anyone who worships evil, which is why I haven't went in search of it myself, or sent anyone of my soldiers after it. There is one more player in this game, an enemy that has been forgotten up til know, The Zhentilar of Cyrus, you know, the mortal that became God of Death after the Tablets of Fate were returned to Ao? yes he's back in the game, so know The Spider Queen and I are not your only concern, now are we?" Michael stopped talking and waited for an answer.

Zuma was thinking rapidly, creating and discarding thousands of plans per second, hoping to be able to save his friends from a foolish mistake, IF they made it. "Don't piss him off!" he thought with conviction, "You haven't seen the corpses of my dead relatives, with horrible pain etched on their faces, as the villages were totally destroyed without a care, how the once beautiful planet is now a Wasteland and will soon be a debris field orbiting a soon to be dead star. HE carelessly destroyed my family on Seltor, ruined my Shaman training, and destroyed and continues to destroy life to fuel his own greedy ambition of killing and anihilating Earth's population and Gods." "Luca, do you want him to kill every single individual on Faerun, and as that is done turn your world into another Wasteland, and then after that is done, he will allow you to live to tell others of his evil, and begging others to help you to stop him. He destroyed Seltor, don't allow him the chance to destory Faerun as well." With that he broke the connection and waited with Lords Brantor and Silvermaul, hoping the parley works out well.
Koran Gar heard Zuma's thoughts without much trouble, they may have been guarded against the Warlord God, but The Mecha-Dragon head them load and clear. "How sad that Michael killed off an entire world, Luca pay heed to Zuma's words, or else Fearun may become just like Seltor, dead and dying." Koran Gar thought this with wisdom, and after sending the thought, walked towards the Dwarf Lords and Chaos Mage, serveying the landscape. "For some reason, I have a feeling that this would be a good time as any for a Drow or Zhentilar attack." He therefore prepared his weapons and magic, just in case.
"The Zhents?! Ah, Moradin's Hammer; that's all we need right now is those gods-damned Zhent bastards stirrin' up more piles o' mindflayer excrement fer us to deal with. I shudder to think what else might be coming." lord Brantor groaned, finishing with a sigh of disgust. He then looked to Koran Gar. "Yer Eminence, I say this with all due respect, but is there any way ye might know to distract or defeat the Warlord God and get the Doves back on their way?"

Luca's amusement by the Warlord God's reaction to his vague taunting was overshadowed by the static and raspy moaning he was hearing through the shield and gave him a headache. "My deepest apologies, Great One; I should never have suggested anything of the sort." the ranger returned while rubbing a temple. "But, if I may humbly suggest, Silver Drow never introduce themselves by race as we're often easily identifiable to each other - we introduce ourselves by our profession. We keep our race something of a secret so that any who care to ask, will do so and further their knowledge." Just after he finished, his vision went white with pain and he doubled over and hissed loudly, clamping his hands over his ears. Cerin stood up and nosed him in the face with a quiet whimper. "Luca!!" Silmawen called as she sprang to his aid. "What in the Nine Hells did you do to him?!" she roared to Michael.

"Never figured I'd have to go back to this life so soon, but thank the gods I can still do it." The aged woodsman rumbled to himself. The cries of Stormwind broke him from his trance of cleaning the quarry he brought down earlier. Just after that, the bird arrived and Danforth offered the bird his forearm. "I thought you went with Luca." he said to the bird with a half smile. Stormwind chirped and nodded sadly and it faded the ranger's smile. He sighed gruffly and stood up with his kill, offering it to the bird. "Some things never change; do they, Bittrell? Boy, have you stepped in it big this time…" he grumbled as he started off to find his former tutelage.
"Aww, well. Obviously due to the shield, Luca is experiencing psychic lag. Massive amounts of psychic energy is being put out towards him and all he hears is static. I'll just allow the shield to allow psychic transmission from now on, and you have nothing to fear, I won't listen to any of your transmissions." Michael did as he said he would and eased Luca's pain.

Koran Gar listened to the question, but sighed with apparent sadness, "I can't kill him, but a distraction might work. There is a 10% to 90% chance that it may succeed or fail. Due to the Michael's irratic mindset, I can't be certain if a distraction will work. And of course, if it didn't work, well, Luca and the Doves will be slaughtered by the Warlord God. And even if it did work, there is still a 50-50 chance that Michael will kill everyone in the area, his army excluded of couse."
King Bruenor sighed in resignation and disgust. "As I understand it, the Doves and all Silver Drow are as big a part of this as we are; they have their own names to clear and their own lives at stake. Mighty Koran Gar, is there no other way to try to get them outta their predicament?" he asked the Dragon Lord. Solara piped up as she noticed something, "He isn't omnipresent…" The entire collected army turned to stare at her while Lord Brantor came back with, "What're ye talking about, dragon?" She looked down to the dwarf lord and answered, "Michael is terribly powerful, but can only be in one place at any given time. Great Lord Koran, is there some way we can exploit that to our advantage?"

Luca came to after a moment and shook his head to help reorient himself. "I'm not one to complain your eminence," he started, "but I think you could've warned me about that, unless it's something you planned on." The other Doves let out a collective sigh of disgust, but their growing disdain with Michael overshadowed whatever irritation they had with Luca's use of tact, or lack thereof. Cerin and Silmawen helped the ranger back to his chair. While a quick self-frisk, he noticed an odd sensation coming from his left hip. He remembered the sword his teacher gave to him. Reaching deep into his knowledge, he smiled at the fact that water follows order and chaos dependent on whichever is easiest. Then, his bow, which came from wind and inherently chaotic.

Danforth crept through the brush and surveyed the battlefield. On one side there were legions of evil wizards, infernal clerics, thugs, thieves, assassins, and Blackguard. He looked to the other side and found illusionists, sorcerers, Paladins, Dwarven Defenders… and a gold Dragon! Wherever he looked, he couldn't find his former tutelage, Luca. He decided to send Stormwind to a ranger he spotted in the throng. "Milord! The falcon's back!" one of them called. Lord Silvermaul then directed him to receive the bird and listen to it. Stormwind chirped out a message to the dwarven ranger who looked straight to his left to see what the bird meant, but Danforth was too well hidden. The dwarf signaled to Lord Brantor that he was to inspect to the left what the bird told him and nodded as he was cleared. As the ranger unknowingly closed in on Danforth, the veteran yanked the dwarf into the woods with him with an almost imperceptible sound. A vague rustling came from them until Danforth held the other ranger fast and half-glared into his eyes. "The bird came back to me and I sent him to get you." the veteran whispered. The dwarf immediately stopped struggling, prompting Danforth to slowly release him. "The dark elf ranger sent his bird to get ye?" he asked. Danforth smirked and answered, "You got it wrong; the bird is my companion and I taught the elf everything he knows. Can I see him?" The dwarf's expression grimmed and he answered, "Ye better come with me and talk to Lord Brantor." Danforth nodded and followed the ranger to meet with the dwarf lord.
Koran gar anwered both questions with one answer, aware on the army's eyes as well as Solara and Zuma. "There is a way we could use that, but I heard that Michael will allow Luca and the Doves safe passage after their talk. It is often said, 'those who cross the Warlord God, often never get a second chance.' I think it's safe to assume that if we try to free the Doves, Michael will send me back to the Realm of the Ancestors, while the rest of you will be slaughtered like fish in a barrel. No, we wait for the Warlord God to leave and allow him to let them go, if not, it's your own lives your wasting, not mine." He said the last two words with a finality that what etched with sorrow.

Michael answered the Silver Drow without a hint of emotion, "No it wasn't what I planned on, it's just how the magic works. Also, I made it so that the mental communications that were being blocked by the shield, replay one at a time, so you don't have to miss out on the concern that your friends have sent you." Michael studied the Doves and saw the disgust on their faces, disgust being forwarded to him, no less. "You Doves need to hide your emotions a little better, or else I'll do this." He quickly teleported a young child, a refugee of Luskan, to his side. The child started crying when he saw the God's face, obviously remembering the destruction of his home and the death of his family. The Warlord God quickly took out the child's soul out of the body and stabbed the child's heart and brain with lightning fast motions with His deadly dagger. The soul was visible to all the Doves present, as Michael ripped the soul into peices and then sent the child's scattered soul into Oblivion. Then Michael turned the dead body into ashes and sent them off into an urn. The urn and ashes where then given to one of the Doves. "Bury this urn near the caves, after the parley is complete, go and bury these remains with the utmost care. The child should at least have a proper burial, don't you think?"
"You can't be saying that all the efforts made up to today have been in vain!" an Eastern woman's voice called out from somewhere far in the crowd. All ears shot toward it in surprise and King Bruenor called Solara's attention to him. "Solara, I need you to relay an order." he called. She made an acknowledging sound as she looked to the dwarf king who relayed his command with a whisper. The Dragon confirmed with a small nod - tiny for her - before looking back in the crowd and repeating the command from King Bruenor. "King Battlehammer orders that the soldier who made that statement come forward and explain yourself." Solara called. Not a moment after, the army parted in a neat walkway leading to the Dragon and to those in command. The voice was that of a spare young woman clad in the armor of a Paladin. She carried herself with the grace of a princess and the strength of a seasoned warrior equally well as she confidently strolled through the mass leaving intrigued murmurs in her wake. Her vibrant sapphire eyes sparkled with respect, resolve, and confidence as she rose from a bow after arriving before King Bruenor. "Would ye drop to a knee so I can see ye better, lady Paladin?" he asked. She nodded with a light smile and obliged. "Tell me yer name, good madam?" "I am Keone Vartes, your highness; Paladin of Helm and ranger of Mielikki." Aribeth took note and approached the two and waited. King Bruenor let a pinch of surprise slip into his expression and returned, "Be welcome, then, lady Vartes. I wonder, though, why ye said what ye did when we're talkin' about two different situations." "My lord, whatever might be the case a league away or here, I cannot believe that either one is hopeless, neither that anything that has transpired up to now has been futile. I do realize that there are opportune moments that come and go on their own, but some can be made and I believe that we should not wait very long for one, if we do at all. I don't mean to sound insolent or disrespectful, King Battlehammer, but I must ask why we were all brought here if all we are doing or even can do is wait." The dwarf king thought hard about her words and couldn't help the look of shock that swept over him. Keone tried hard to hide the dread that rushed into her, but Bruenor chuckled into a smile and returned with, "Good lady, my surprise isn't over insubordination. I'm impressed with your eloquence, confidence, and wisdom. Yer half-elven, aren't ye?" She nodded and answered, "I am, your majesty," as her expression lightened. "May I interject, your highness?" Aribeth finally asked. The dwarf king nodded and gestured her on. "You know who I am?" she opened. "I do, good lady." Keone answered with a sagely nod. Aribeth then ran down the plans and events that had transpired up to that time.

After a moment's shock, the Doves muttered curses in Drow as their ire grew. "Be this a parley, what are your terms?" Luca piped up after composing himself. Silmawen whipped her twin rapiers from their scabbards and set in for a fight. "We must act now, Luca. Better to go down fighting than walk away with false promises." Luca shot up from his seat and stared her down, roaring something at her in Drow. The fighter calmed slightly and resheathed her weapons. "You're becoming more than I can bear, Bittrell. Be quick." she hissed.

"Looks like you got a whole bunch of friends with you this time, cat." Danforth rumbled with a smirk. The tiger chuckled a little and answered, "All I know is that I had to call in as many favors as I could. I thought you perished with Luskan; how did you escape?" "I'm just lucky that they didn't break down the front gate. I heard the noise and came out to find all manner of siege on the far end of town. Never spotted on my way out, but I did hear some damn fool shout "All glory to Michael" or something like that, hid out in the woods for a while, then Stormwind came and got me." Lord Brantor piped up, "Glad to have you then, veteran. Since ye taught the dark elf, is there any way ye can help 'im?" Danforth thought for a moment, then asked, "Where's that scaley dragon… man? I got an idea." While looking for Zuma, the veteran ranger spotted Keone and smiled a little. "Bring her, too," he added, "she has some skills I think we could use."
With a bored expression on his face, Michael replied to Luca's question, "My terms, I thought I already voiced them. Damn, you mortals are deaf, but who can blame you for not listening to a word I've said. I did, after all, destroy an entire city, sent Life Reaper Demons to kill you, and then I trapped you in this force dome, and now I just killed an innocent child. I did four things, and you hate me for them. I can see the hate and shock on all of your faces, but of couse, none of you have dealt with Gods before, only a spider who believes herself one. Yes, for now she is my ally, and so is Cyrus for that matter, but In the end, you all know I can kill both of them, and I will, in the end they are victims in their own lust for power, and that lust is what drives them to be my allies. how pathetic. First of all I should be going, for the terms have already been justified, you were to sit here and listen to what I had to say, and also I almost forgot to mention this.
Zuma will die, his lust of revenge will kill him, for soon, when I prepare my armies to attack, Zuma will go on a sucide mission to try and stop me, he will die a painful death, and then I will send his dead Zeltorian corpse back to the caves for burial. And then like most Zeltorian, he will be reborn in a new and stronger body, for you see, they are like phoenixes in this respect, they never truly die. The body goes but the mind stays. Farethewell Luca and company, farethewell for now." and in a flash The Warlord God was gone along with the force dome meaning that the Doves were free from The Warlord God's clutches.
Zuma, it seems, was in the air above the old rangers head, a kilometre above him in fact, and was able to hear everything that was said between Kyanite and the ranger. "I better get down there, see what he needs me for." He thought with curiousity. Zuma landed right beside Kyanite with grace and perfect control. He looked towards the old ranger and bowed in a Zeltorian stance that was reserved for respected teachers and masters of different arts and practices. "Hail, honored teacher, I am known as Zuma Ragnarok, I am a 5th Degree Chaos Mage and Prince of my Realm."
Koran Gar looked at Keone with sympathy in his eyes and answered with sincerity in his voice, "No, what you have all done is not in vain. But if you all waste your lives fighting the Warlord God without a properly planed attack stratagem, then it will be." Koran noticed Danforth, Kyanite and Zuma standing together, and thanked his Creator that Mecha-Dragons had longer lifespans and longer distance eyesight then biological life forms. He also saw that Luca and the Doves were free and the Warlord God had vanished. "Of course now we do not need to worry about the Doves, because they are now free of Michael's presense and his trap." He said that with surprise and wonder, fully knowing that Michael could have left dead corpses instead of living beings.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Founder.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service